Saturday, November 26, 2005

Computer Woes

The keyboard on my laptop has just completely died. Right in the middle of a sentence I was writing for the Aquaman website. I'm still extremely grateful to Eric's dad for giving me this used laptop almost two years ago for Christmas. It's done wonders since then, and has worked very hard. I daresay that I used it more each week than he used it during the entire time he had it before giving it to me.

But now the keyboard is dead, and I'm using a very old and really uncomfortable keyboard from my long-dead desktop. I was thinking very seriously about getting a new laptop soon anyway, this has just made the need a little more urgent. I don't know exactly what I want to get yet, but it would be nice to have an internal wireless card and a fast processor.

In the incredibly unlikely event that someone rich and generous is reading this, I put a computer on my wishlist. I don't know if I'll be able to wait until Christmas, but I'll hold out with the annoying keyboard as long as I can. While some computers are good for just about anything (like the one I put on the wishlist), finding a cheaper computer that has everything I want might be a bit more difficult.

0 comments: