Sunday, January 08, 2006

Rapid Reviews - 29 December 2005

Well, I've finally finished reviewing all of last year's books. Now it's time to get to work on this year's stuff, I guess...

Batman #648: "All they do is watch us kill part 1": I'm still confused. The history in this one is nice, but what the heck does the Joker have to do with anything? 2 1/2 starfish

Wonder Woman #224: "Marathon Part Two": I'm feeling Deja Vu. I saw what happens in this issue already... in Infinite Crisis. I think the impact of this issue would've hit a lot harder if I hadn't already seen that. 2 1/2 starfish

JLA: Classified #15: "New Maps of Hell" part six: I like the idea of a horror from the distant past being outmoded technology. I just wish it hadn't taken six issues to get there. 2 1/2 starfish

Solo #8: "Teddy Kristiansen": Not my favorite of the Solo books. This was five depressing stories, though "The Good Book" and "Love Story" were almost uplifting in ways. I really enjoyed the first story, which was written by Neil Gaiman. But this one won't be making any of my best-of lists. 3 starfish

Opposite Forces Vol 2 #4: This final issue is so much better in color. I seem to recall it was difficult to follow the action in the last issue of the first version of this series, because it was a bit over-sketchy. Much better this way. 3 starfish

Fallen Angel #1: I never quite got sure what I thought of this series, but both I and my hubby-Eric liked it enough to give this new volume a try. I was more than a little surprised at how much time had passed since we last saw the Angel, but the story is way more interesting than I expected, as well. So for now this stays on the pull list. 3 starfish

0 comments: