Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Rapid Reviews - 1 February 2006 - Part III

Beowulf #6: Whoa, there was still one more issue we'd ordered but didn't get? I didn't like the last issue, didn't like this one. The character is mildly interesting, but the art is poor and the story doesn't grab me. 1 1/2 starfish

Powers #16: More and more intriguing. I wonder what Christian will do now. You never know where this book will go. 3 starfish

Nodwick #31: Oooh, I like Aaron Williams work. This guy really has it. I love the "guest appearances" by various fantasy characters like Harry Potter, Xena, and Glinda. Lovely. This is a great book, second only to PS238 in its unlikely humor. Go, read. 4 starfish

Conan & The Demons of Khitai #4: Not too bad for a last issue of a mini. The fables that was told to Pallantides was nice filler to make the issue fill the whole book. I can't say it was the best, but it was certainly ok. 2 1/2 starfish

Angel: Old Friends #3: Wow, everyone is showing up. Though I'm guessing that meeting Wes and Fred after what happened in the TV series had to be difficult for the gang. The very end was telegraphed, but in a good way. I was looking forward to it. And I'm glad it happened. Part of me still wishes I'd waited for the trade on this one, but part of me is glad I got it. 2 1/2 starfish

0 comments: