Monday, February 13, 2006

Random Thoughts

First, a couple of "can you help" links:

Wil Wheaton is asking for help in finding a potential bone marrow donor for a Fillipino. If you know anyone who is ethnically Fillipino, please ask them to join the registry for bone marrow donation. They just might save a life.

And second, my friend and co-worker Amberkiah is doing the March of Dimes this year. She's a high school student who is trying to make a difference. She's set a very modest goal of $200 to raise. Eric and I have donated $20... if anyone out there has a spare fiver to give, please donate to help her out. I know firsthand how incredibly gratifying it is when anyone at all donates. A five dollar donation makes you feel like you are on top of the world.

On that note... I still haven't sent out the "prizes" for my own walk. I know, I know, it's been months. I feel really guilty. But they are here, almost ready to go. Soon. I promise....

Right, on to the fun stuff.

The fact that Seattle is clearly in the bottom zone of the weather map is oh-so-true. I love Aaron Williams' work.

Strong words for the recent JLA arc from Comic Treadmill. Very perceptive words, too.

The Dorothy folks celebrate the morning after the con. Considering their upcoming schedule, it's good they survived Wondercon.

The Beat has pictures from Toy Fair!!! I see the Batman/Penguin LEGO set, and I MUST HAVE THEM. Penguins with guns...

The Museum of Hoaxes looks at the great list of Comic Book Urban Legends from Comics Should Be Good. Excellent job all around. I still need to find myself those copies of Eerie that featured the reworked Aquaman tales by Steve Skeates.

Via Warren Ellis, the First Few Microseconds of an Atomic Blast. Wow.

In a moment of sick insanity, An Aussie Tourist is Charged with Assault in Texas for trying to Shush a rude Moviegoer. What is it about Texas? At least the police were polite.

Apparently the government considers bloggers to be dangerous terrorists. At least, we're important enough to shut down if there's a case of domestic terrorism. Hmmm.

And lastly: DC for May. I'll post some commentary on the solicits soon-ish.

0 comments: