Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Linkdump and Random Thoughts

Comic Book Urban Legends #43! Yay! I love this feature. And hey, "Drop An Inch!"

I've been wondering about all the fuss over Marvel and DC owning the word "Superhero". I'd heard about this a LONG time ago, and wondered why people weren't complaining about it back when Marvel and DC decided to Trademark the term. Is this just another case of how slowly some news items filter into the general consciousness?

The Intermittent quotes Kim Thompson and makes a really good point.

DC's great single-artist anthology book is rumored to be ending with issue #12. Grrr.

The Beat has joined the chorus trying to get me to buy The Five Fists of Science by pointing to a free preview of it.

Mike Sterling directs us to an article on Alan Moore and movies he doesn't want to be associated with and why. As far as I'm concerned, Moore's got a REALLY good reason for his gunshy attitude, so I won't be criticizing him.

Colleen Doran links to a Newsarama Article about one of the good guys in comics, another victim of CrossGen.

The 21st Annual April Fools Day Parade has been announced.

Want to freak out a little? Check out this animation of asteroids coming near the Earth during a two-month period in 2002. Wow.

Serenity as told by the Muppets.

Three-Year-Old boy gets stuck inside Toy Machine, and seems quite pleased with himself. Don't bother with the video on the site, as it only shows the same picture as the article.

I gotta admit, I find this site interesting.

Smiling Pots. Just click on the image and see it full-sized.

0 comments: