Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Various Thoughts

Superhero Footwear. I'd buy Aquaman pool shoes...

Talk About Comics Blog has links if you are an aspiring webcomic creator.

For Better Or For Worse, the best syndicated comic strip ever? I love the strip, personally, but I'm not certain it would be my top strip. Via TACB.

Dust-up in Toronto Con Culture. I'm wouldn't be sure what to think of this, except my own sources had mentioned this awhile ago in a different context, so I tend to believe the accusations.

Editorial Simulator. Wow, a good look at what's wrong with comic book promotion!

The Dreaming was a decent Manga, set in the Aussie outback, and now The Dreaming II is done. Hmmm. I should get that.

The Seattle Times looks at Fandom through the lense of NorWesCon.

How many spin-offs from Doctor Who were planned?!??? Rose Tyler spin-off canceled.

Raed has trouble with security because of a t-shirt with Arabic script on it. I suddenly find myself wanting one of those shirts.

Oops!

The Bad Astronomer directs us to The Skeptic's Dictionary Newsletter, which I think makes an excellent counterpoint reading to The Fortean Times (which sadly has many folks without enough skepticism in the mix, but is still fun reading despite the problems).

Super Huge Yellowjacket Nests. Eek.

0 comments: