Friday, October 20, 2006

Links and Rant

Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #73. I'm constantly amazed that they keep coming up with new legends to talk about.

The Beat on swiping.

And there's more on the Fantagraphics store, which I'm going to have to figure out how to get to soon. I may not like all of Fantagraphic's stuff, but I'm going to have to check it out, at least.

Erik Larsen on his love of Oz. He takes a couple of digs at comics I like, but it's otherwise an ok column.

And to counter Larsen's limited view of Oz, I'll direct people to Dorothy of Oz to read the news about the calendar being cancelled by Diamond, although Chapter 7 is still on track. Looking forward to Chapter 7, the last two chapters were spectacular.

Cthulhu parsnip.

Ooooh, Scrabble Benches. I want.

And lastly, I had a TON of poker spam in my comments this morning. I deleted a bunch of comments without looking too closely, and I may have deleted legit comments because I was so peeved at the poker spammers. I somehow really doubt there was anything legit, I just don't get that many real comments, but just in case: if you did post something since yesterday afternoon and it hasn't shown up, you might want to post it again.

And I also wanted to rant about the comment spammers, so this gave me an excuse. (Rant on) Can't they figure out that I'm not going to post their crap? ARGH! The ones I really hate are the "Wow, nice site! http://spamscamsite.com" comments. You pay me a generic compliment, and expect me to post your link? Worse, you usually post about 50 of them at once, all on posts I made two years ago? I HATE COMMENT SPAM! ARGH! (rant off) It's funny, every time I think, Hey, maybe I can stop moderating my comments, I haven't gotten any spam in awhile, I suddenly get another batch of clearly automated comment spam.

*sigh*

0 comments: