Thursday, October 05, 2006

"Oh Look, They've Got Nibbles!"

Eric Shanower gets more Media Coverage.

Lovely interview with Greg Beettam and Stephen Geigen-Miller, about Xeno's Arrow (you can read the whole first issue at that link, and I recommend it. Great book.).

The Beat has more on Gordon Lee and his Free Comic Book Day nightmare.

Ed Brubaker in the Seattle Times.

I watched the trailer for 300 The Beat linked to, and now I've put the book on hold at the library.

The Search for the USS Grunion.

Aztec Altar discovered in Mexico City. It may be part of the main Temple that the conquistadors destroyed.

Oz and Ends reports on a Banned Book Week Display that was... banned.

Arrested for smiling.

Smallville fan behind the scenes.

Flu Shot Myths. All I know for sure about the flu shot is that I got violently ill with flu-like symptoms every time I've had the shot. Since I couldn't possibly have gotten the flu itself, it seems likely that some other ingredient in the shot makes me sick. I stopped getting the flu shot some years ago now.

In other medical news: ketamine may help the clinically depressed. Um. I'm not volunteering.

I do not think it's a good idea for a company to have the ability to disable my computer if they think I don't have a legitimate copy of their software. If they know for sure, that's another issue, but this has too much potential for stupid errors. I will not be upgrading to Vista, and Linux is looking better and better to me.

The Dutch have voting machine problems, just like Diebold in the United States. Unlike most of the US, though, they Dutch are fighting mad over the problem.

I want a sound clip from that commercial about the fish business in which everything is going wrong, and the tired worker comes up and says "Boss, we got cats," followed by a scene of a couple of cats cornering a worker holding a fish. I just want that phrase and the cat screeching right after it. It makes me giggle every time I hear it.

Another Pug for the In-Laws.

The title of this post is entirely the fault of hubby-Eric. If you want to know what it is, ask him.

0 comments: