Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ooooh! Hallowe'en Ashcans!

I just got my shipment of Hallowe'en Ashcans in to give out on the big night, perhaps my favorite holiday of all!

I've just been reading through my old entries: 2002 (we gave out stuff at the Pug House of Horrors that year, and hubby-Eric had to grab the pugs every time someone came to the gate. More than once he offered the pugs to the giggling Trick-or-Treaters.), 2003 (we got 19 on that Friday night, and I explained a bit more why I like Hallowe'en), 2004 (we got 20 on a Sunday night who got a big loot bag), and 2005 (a disappointing 15 on a Monday night... not totally unexpected... but lots of compliments).

This year Hallowe'en is on a Tuesday, so I'm not expecting many costumes. We'll have full size candy bars and a full size comic for each Trick-or-Treater, along with the four ashcans (I've got 25 of each, 24 of each once I claim my copies, that should be plenty). We might try to add something more before the big day. It all depends on external factors.

Now I'm really looking forward to it.

0 comments: