Thursday, October 12, 2006

Overdue Reviews

Yet more mini-capsules. One sentence per book followed by whether or not I recommend it. Though I reserve the right to break any rules I make, of course.

13 September 2006

52 Week Nineteen: "History Repeats": Flying dolphins, and Skeets is... what is Skeets? Recommended.

Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #44: "Masters": Back to the muddy coloring... but I like the story a lot. Recommended.

JLA Classified #27: "Secret History, Sacred Trust, Part Two": I like Aquaman's part in this story, both as politician and as decoy. Recommended.

Green Lantern #13: "Revenge of the Green Lanterns, Part Four": This book is also late, like Aquaman, but with all the other GL books it's less noticable. Neutral.

Green Lantern Corps #4: "Hunted": Natu is the only character that makes this book readable for me. Mildly Recommended.

DMZ #11: "Zee, NYC": Compelling story with more hints of just what really happened in this version of the United States. Recommended.

Truth, Justin, & the American Way #4: The suit saves the day, but I'm still having bad 70s TV flashbacks. Recommended.

Nodwick #34: While it's not quite as good as PS238, in my opinion, it's still one of the most fun books out there. And who can resist a flying hamster? Recommended.

20 September 2006

52 Week Twenty: "God Is Fragged": Mostly space stuff, so I'm mostly uninterested. Mildly Recommended.

Superman #656: "Men & Monsters": Arion is a bit of a jerk at the end of this one, and the rest of the tale is mostly fighting. Mildly Recommended.

Ion #6: "Torch Bearer, Part 6": I like the twist with Nero, but I'm not sure I care enough about Kyle to be horrified by the cliffhanger. Mildly Recommended.

Birds of Prey #98: "Headhunt, Part Three: False Idol": Ok, who the heck is this new Batgirl? Recommended.

Shadowpact #5: "One Year Later": Not much seems to happen in this issue. Mildly Recommended.

Checkmate #6: "Rogue Squad, Part One": The Rogues forming the Suicide Squad I get, but what's with Rick Flag? Mildly Recommended.

Conan #32: "Wild Cimmerian Bull": More of the very powerful young Conan not understanding the world around him. Recommended.

Conan & The Songs of the Dead #3: "The Eye of the Demon": I like the wizard's final words in this one. Recommended.

0 comments: