Thursday, November 23, 2006

What Am I Thankful For?

  • I'm thankful for my husband, Eric, and the years we've had together.
  • I'm thankful for my family, both the one I was born into and the one I married into. Yeah, we've had our problems, every family does, but I'm still thankful for the lot of them.
  • I'm thankful for all my friends. Far more than a shy introvert with depression ever expected to have. Thank you for reading this, and thanks for being a friend.
  • I'm thankful for the internet, which has allowed me to have friends despite my disabilities.
  • I'm thankful for mysteries and wonder, and I hope we never quite figure out everything there is to figure out, because that would take the magic out of the world.
  • I'm thankful for people who understand obsession, and allow me to indulge in my harmless obsession for Aquaman without thinking I'm a loon.
  • I'm thankful for free speech, and the rights I have as an American. I hope we all continue to have those rights.
  • I'm thankful for retailers who wait until after Thanksgiving to start putting up Christmas stuff, instead of starting Christmas decorations before Hallowe'en. Along the same lines, I'm thankful for people who wait until the end of December (or even January) before starting to post "year in review" articles.
  • I'm thankful for all the folks who helped me to complete my Aquaman collection, and I'm thankful that I can share a bit of that with other folks in the form of my daily posts. I'm thankful to know that some people are reading and enjoying those posts as well. Thanks to all of you.

0 comments: