Friday, December 01, 2006

Comic Book Thoughts

Yup, I'm playing Blogshares again. I seem to get back into it every few months and just play around for awhile. I find it amusing. Anyway, if you click on that link or on this QuackTrack link, I "earn" some stuff in the game. You, on the other hand, get taken to other websites. Your mileage may vary.

The snow is mostly gone, at least from the streets. However, there is still snow on the ground, and no rain predicted for a few days... fingers are crossed that we don't get any nasty weather for the weekend. Also: at the moment, I still haven't gotten this week's comics due to both weather and UPS/Diamond mix-ups. Which means I still haven't read the latest Aquaman. Which means I'm in a bit of a foul mood. UPDATE (2:20pm): Ah... Got Aquaman now. Much better.

Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #79.

Fantagraphics store opening makes the Seattle Times.

I've been asked to cover some of the current Comic Book News. Ok. Right.

  • Wizard Fires Senior Vice-President/Editor-in-Chief Pat McCallum. I don't read Wizard anymore, and haven't for a few years because the quality got too low for even my low expectations. So I'm not surprised, nor am I impressed.
  • DC's Minx Line. I haven't seen much about the books themselves, and until I see some art and a bit more about the stories, I'm not all that intrigued by them. As for the act of creating a line "just for girls", well, at least they are acknowledging that there is a market there, and giving a little effort to tapping it. I seriously think that this Wonder Woman pitch could also accomplish the same task, but DC doesn't listen to me.
Anything I missed that people actually want to hear my opinion on?

0 comments: