Friday, December 01, 2006

Flipping Through Previews...

AAAAAUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!Yes, it's that time again... time for "Things in Previews That Look Interesting But I Can't Afford To Get (with a list of things I am getting just for contrast)". I'm going to start with the bulk of the book, and then come back and cover the "big four" at the end. Please remember, I'm listing what looks interesting. My actual purchase list is going to be much smaller. The numbers after each title are usually the page number in Previews Magazine, so you can follow along at home.

Covers aren't anything special. Nothing of note on the Splash Page for me. Let's jump to the regular comics section. Nothing that jumps out at me from the Featured Items, so into the publishers listings I flip.

AiT/Planet Lar (208) is resoliciting six excellent books. True Story, Swear to God, Colonia, and Jax Epoch and the Quicken Forbidden, each with two volumes available. Go, buy them all. Seriously.

And guys, if you have a girlfriend who doesn't read comics and you want the PERFECT introduction to comics for here? True Story, Swear to God: Chances Are... Get it. Give it. You won't regrest it.

I'm almost completely uninterested in the book, but the Pirates vs Ninjas T-Shirt (216) is actually tempting, from Antarctic Press. I mean, it's just COOL. If I had a spare $20, I'd definitely get it.

There's a new(?) publisher, Do Gooder Press publishing the wonderful and highly recommended PS238. I don't even have to look at the solicit to know I'm going to buy it, and I think anyone reading this ought to buy it too.

Evil Twin Comics (274) is putting out another issue of Action Philosophers. Looking forward to it.

Another issue of Castle Waiting (274) is coming out from Fantagraphics.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the next volume of Abadazad from Hyperion Books. The first two were excellent. The switch to mostly prose worked for the story, and I'm eager to read more.

IDW Publishing has another issue of Fallen Angel (295).

I'm looking forward to Illusive Productions (298) two books coming in February. Dorothy #8 and Tony Loco #2. The first issue of Tony Loco probably came out this week to stores that weren't snowed in. And Dorothy is just... well, it's Dorothy. If you haven't tried it by now, you're missing out.

My friend David will be getting Phantom from Moonstone Books (306). He also is hoping for a Doc Savage and The Spider on-going. If anyone who works at Moonstone is reading this, put down his votes.

I'm also looking forward to Amelia Rules! #17 (318) from Renaissance Press. It's been too long since the last issue.

Flipping... Flipping... Another ad for the new DC Heroclix (Origins). I hope there's a new Aquaman, and if so, I hope I can get it cheap enough. I wish I had someone handy willing to play Heroclix with me, but I'm so lousy at that type of game nobody really wants to play with me. I loved Sportsclix too.

Flipping back to the front of the book...

Dark Horse... hmmm, I think I may be dropping Conan now. It's good, but not as good as it's been. No Usagi this month? *sigh*

Mostly the usual from DC Comics. Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #49 of course. Another issue of Justice. The rest of the usual stuff. The Mini-Mates are resolicited, including Aquaman and Ocean Master.

Image Comics gives us Noble Causes and True Story, Swear to God.

I'm not sure what I'm getting from Marvel Comics, and I don't really care much.

And there it is... all of Previews. I'm finally all the way through. Huzzah. So that's it for this month's "Things in Previews That Look Interesting But I Can't Afford To Get (with a list of things I am getting just for contrast)". Comments? Questions? Did I miss any really cool books that you know about and would like to point out? Do you disagree with something I wrote, and want to correct me? There's the comments, right below. Post something. And, yes, I accept review copies. I'm willing to give almost anything a try.

0 comments: