Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Coughing, Hacking, Sneezing...

I made a quick run to the comic shop, but half the shipment was misshipped or something, and there wasn't much to pick up. I did get the latest "52", which is good as it features Aquaman in a very tiny cameo.

My throat goes from mildly irritated to massively painful in just a couple of minutes now. I'm gulping down bucketloads of lemon ginger tea, but when I'm not drinking hot tea I'm in pain. I'm tired of being miserable.

I apologize to anyone who reads this blog via RSS. I want to take full advantage of the tag/label function, and so I've been going back and adding tags to old posts. I originally thought it wouldn't send those posts to the RSS feed... but I was wrong. So I turned off the feed, updating the tags, then turned the feed back on... but it still flooded the feed. ARGH!!!

My kitchen light is out. It's a florescent light, and it turns on but has a lovely headache-inducing flickering effect and gives out almost no actual light. This makes it incredibly difficult to cook anything. Worse is trying to wash dishes, since the dishwasher is in a corner with no light at all. So I called some local electricians and finally managed to get ahold of a live one instead of an answering machine. He could send someone out, sure... 6:30 am tomorrow. Yikes. Still, I like the idea of it possibly being fixed in time for making breakfast, and I'm not going to be able to tolerate it much longer broken anyway. Ok, what the heck. I've already set my alarm for 6 am.

Unfortunately, this means hubby-Eric and I are headed for a very financially tight month. I'm looking at putting up his Green Lantern stuff on eBay a little earlier than originally planned in the hopes that it'll keep us afloat. This puts our summer plans in jeopardy as well... I really want to go down to the Winkie convention with Eric this year, but it may not happen.

Speaking of conventions, tickets are now on sale for the Emerald City Comicon. At the moment, I plan to attend both days. I'll probably be with my "twin" sister for the first day and hubby-Eric the second. I hope to see other Seattle area folk there...