Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wednesday Night Links

Still trying to catch up...

Cornish fishermen haul in a big catch.

The Right Number by Scott McCloud mentioned on Boing Boing.

Todd "ripoff" Goldman on MetaFilter

The Webby Awards have been announced. I didn't win again. No surprise there. Check out the winners and nominees. Some good links there.

Doctor Who LOLCats. Gee, thanks Garrett. And yes, you should check out Garrett's original entry, too, if you are a fan of the original Star Trek.

International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day Directory. In case you missed it.

Wow. The first piece of SPAM. And, like all spammers, the writer was an idiot.

DVD Cat says "can't stop the signal". And proves, once again, that DRM is stupid. As for the Digg angle, The Register tells that story pretty well. Here's the string again: 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0, but I couldn't tell you how to use it since I haven't got a clue how to crack a DVD, nor would I want to.

Mediaeval Music Decoded. It would have been easier if someone had released the decryption key on the internet.

Huh, maybe I should start taking Vitamin D.

I was born republican, but grew up to be democratic. The words "easily victimized, easily offended, indecisive, fearful, rigid, inhibited, and vulnerable" describes my childhood perfectly.

Seattle on the Edge.

We are poisoned.

Ken Jennings talks about Mormons. As I was also raised Mormon, I have to pretty much agree with his points.

Online Communities Map.

Soldiers can no longer blog without permission.

Via Mark Evanier, Mission Accomplished by the Numbers.

Gasoline prices: The local stations range from $3.30 to $3.40 per gallon. In theory, I don't mind (higher prices convince people to drive less, invest in better technology, and work toward a cleaner future). In reality, it really bites. Hubby-Eric and I plan on driving down to Monterey this summer, and fuel prices on the West Coast are pretty much out of control. I wish we could afford a hybrid or other car with better gas mileage.

0 comments: