Thursday, January 10, 2008

Haloscan In-Line Commenting

As many of you know, I've been using Haloscan for my commenting system for many years now. I've survived through upgrades to blogger and various other bits of nonsense, enjoying the control Haloscan gives me (I get a LOT of comment spam).

The newest feature of Haloscan is the ability to put your comments on your page, in-line. I've almost done it on my blog now. Check out this note to see what I mean (If you don't see anything, either you've got Javascript turned off or Haloscan is down for the moment). The only problem I have is that I can't get the comment box itself to work in the in-line post. I have some Javascript on the comments that conflicts with Blogger, I think.

I also finally figured out how to link to the comments even if Javascript is turned off, so even the super-cautious should see a "Comments" link on every post now. No doubt I'm the last person using Haloscan to have figured this one out.

I thought I'd turn this into a blog post, even though it's probably boring you all and driving off the few readers I have, because there are a couple of things I'm not allowed to blog about right now that are eating me up from the inside.

0 comments: