Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Linkdump

Holey Moley! I now have a reason to get financially solvent.

The best garden shed. I wonder if it's bigger on the inside? In other Doctor Who news, Paul Krugman corrects his employers, who referred to the TARDIS as a phone booth.

I don't need another t-shirt, but if I did, I'd get this one. Cthulu and Hobbes!

Wow, the AP really annoyed the blogosphere with their stupid fee policy.

A fifth foot found on the BC Coast was quickly followed by a sixth foot, but the sixth turned out to be a hoax. Still, that's FIVE single feet washing up in the same area. An expert thinks they are all the result of the same accident.

Too much information leads to losing good information because you can't find it in the mass of data. Over-surveillance has the same problem. Trying to watch everyone is not only a violation of privacy, it also doesn't help prevent crime.

Food portions are much larger today than in the past, which is contributing to our national obesity. One of the first things I did when I started my weight loss was lower my portion sizes, and learn how to eat only half a meal at restaurants. In other weight loss news, eating a big breakfast might help you lose weight, or at least stick to your diet plan.

XKCD has a reminder that there are people behind those words.

Basement cat is coming for your soul.

0 comments: