Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Sunday Review

TV this week:

  • Iron Chef America: "Morimoto vs Cimarusti" - A live ingredient! Ewwww. Other than that, is was ok.
  • How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria? - Eric's favorite is Janna. I think I agree with him. She put in a great performance of "Defying Gravity" from Wicked this week. On the other hand, the gal that butchered "Over the Rainbow" is still in the competition.
  • Dinner: Impossible: "Puerto Rican Predicament" - Not bad. This felt like a final episode. I wonder if it was. The TiVo says Robert has one more episode, but this really felt final.
  • Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: "All Kinds of BBQ" - Yum. I'm not a big BBQ fan, but I'd try some of these.
  • The Next Food Network Star: "In the Studio" - This was embarrassing for some of the contestants. The girl scouts were cool, though.
  • Ghost Hunters: "Larnach Castle" - Ooooh, New Zealand! Fun episode, although I really didn't see anything in that photo they showed except maybe a stray lens flare reflection. The reveal was amusing, though. I don't think I've seen that happen before.
Comics this week:
  • Trinity #6 - The main characters don't interest me, but Gangbuster and Tarot I like.
  • Detective Comics #846 - Oh, give me a break. Hush? Ug.
  • Action Comics #867 - I just don't like the reboot aspect of this book.
  • Wonder Woman #22 - I wish I liked Wonder Woman as a character. I think I'd enjoy this more if I did.
  • Justice Society of America #17 - A winged monkey! Yay!
  • Invincible Iron Man #3 - I'm not really warming up to this book.
  • Captain Britain and MI13 #3 - Well, it worked as a strong reveal. But it's still a tad confusing.
  • Powers #29 - Finally. That's both in reference to the book actually shipping, and to the actions in the story.
  • Wildguard Insider #3 - Boy, I really want more of this book. Even just little token stories. There's so much in that universe to explore.
  • Age of Bronze #27 - I really like the guy that Achilles takes out in this one. Also, Shanower doesn't pull punches when showing how brutal and disgusting war is.
  • Red Sonja #35 - She's been rebooted too!
  • Witchblade #119 - Fairly standard issue, I think.

0 comments: