Sunday, July 13, 2008

Moving Update

Yesterday was the second full day our house was up for sale, and the first day we had a showing. An older woman with definite plans for the house came to check it out. I stuck around and answered questions, which I gathered from my own realtor I probably shouldn't do. But she seemed pleased with the place, and intends to come back without the realtors in a few days, after she's had time to think on it, if she doesn't find something better in the meantime.

I also kept half-an-eye on the flyer box out front, and I'm frankly amazed at how many people have stopped to take flyers for the house. Not counting people out walking their dogs, I've seen at least a dozen each day so far. And those are only the people I actually spotted taking a flyer. I didn't spend the day in front of the window looking.

We had another showing today, and I followed my realtor's advice to stay out of the way. I sat on the porch reading Fortean Times while the couple and their realtor went inside. I caught some of what they were saying, unfortunately it was in Spanish so I didn't get enough of the gist of it to know whether or not they liked it. They seemed like a nice couple. I hope they find what they are looking for.

My real estate agent card collection is up to two now!

Real Estate Card Collection

I'm anxious and tense, and really missing Eric now. He'll be back tonight, but that's hours away. And it still feels like I'm not making any dent whatsoever when I clean. When Eric's Mom comes out, I feel like progress is being made. When I'm at this alone, I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

0 comments: