Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bigfoot Discovery

I'll link to Boing Boing since Cryptmundo has been hammered to the point where I haven't been able to visit it at all the last few days. The gist is that some guys claim to have a bigfoot body in a freezer, from a bigfoot found in Georgia.

I have always accepted the possibility of unknown animals, including primates, still existing in the wilderness of North America. Which means my philosophy allows for the existence of bigfoot. I've seen how much of the North Cascades are nearly untouched by Man. However, bigfoot's existence has never been proved, although the evidence is tantalizing at times. I would welcome proof of such a primate. I just don't really think this is the proof I've been waiting for.

The first doubt creeps in when you consider the folks who are promoting the thing. A known huckster is involved. Second is how this has played out on Cryptomundo, something which would be hard to check right now, but basically it seems like the people behind it have been trying to string Loren along. He's willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I feel considerably less confident than he is, and he's not really that confident.

So, despite my belief that bigfoot could exist, this story just isn't all that interesting.

Update: Read this for the opinions of people who are certain this is a hoax, and are considerably less kind about it than I was.

0 comments: