Friday, August 22, 2008

A Linkdump

The sad news of The Real World. I haven't acknowledged this yet, but I've been well aware of the Greenberger's loss. I'd been following Bob Greenberger's blog, and hoping Robbie would pull through.

The water myth. Not everyone needs tons of water while exercising. I think the final sentence really sums the article up. Runners have died of too much water, but none from dehydration.

The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest 2008 Results.

And also, the 2012 Beloit College Mindset List.

I have visions of baby sea turtles swarming around poor diners' legs.

Websnark looks at Starslip Crisis, one of my new favorite webcomics. I met Straub at Emerald City Comicon, and have been faithfully reading his strip ever since.

The Pirate Bay renamed itself temporarily for the Olympics.

Shredding isn't environmentally friendly. So shred carefully.

That's a new version of the ferries are running.

For the in-laws: The pugs missing after a robbery were safely found. Whew. The Seattle 911 blog indicated that she wouldn't press charges, as long as they came back safely.

And lastly, my Evil Twin will be trying to ride her bike 150 miles for charity this September. If you want to help Lisa in the MS 150 then donate here. She's trying to get $500 in donations so she can get a jersey, and thanks to current donations she's made the limit she needed to be allowed to ride.

0 comments: