Friday, March 13, 2009

BLEARGH!

You don't want to hear how sick I am, or whether or not the little dots keep climbing the walls (they do), so I think I'll find a link or two. It took me five full minutes to type that sentence. Ug.

I've told the tale of the hungry couch, but this couch has ours beat.

It's official: Congress makes Pi Day a holiday. Here's the resolution (H.RES.224):

Whereas Pi can be approximated as 3.14, and thus March 14, 2009, is an appropriate day for 'National Pi Day': Now, therefore, be it
Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
(1) supports the designation of a 'Pi Day' and its celebration around the world;

(2) recognizes the continuing importance of National Science Foundation's math and science education programs; and

(3) encourages schools and educators to observe the day with appropriate activities that teach students about Pi and engage them about the study of mathematics.
Um, cool. Tomorrow is Pi Day. I need to make pie. I wish I was healthy enough to make pie. Maybe I'll make hubby-Eric go buy a pie.

0 comments: