Monday, April 25, 2011

The Miracle of Life

I was sure the first pepper plant to sprout was dead. After all, it came up but the leaves never uncurled. And the stem appeared, to my inexperienced eye, to be rotting. And the other one sprouted up nicely and quickly outgrew the apparently dead sprout. And then last night I thought I saw a change in the dead one. And when I checked this morning, this is what I found...

I'm not dead yet!

I guess life just finds a way. I would love to have two pepper plants. Both of us love peppers, and if these grow to full seedling size, I'll plant both of them. I often wonder that anything at all can grow with my lack of skill and knowledge, but after last year's tomatoes, I guess I've learned that it's not me that's doing it, is it?

1 comments:

David Oakes said...

One pod for Laura, one pod for Eric...