Friday, December 14, 2012

Wish List

I was going to post my wish list today, which would have been a short one since I thought I would just say Eric and I want a George Foreman Grill. But that kind of got pushed out of my head, as did my own problems, by the events over on the other side of the nation.

Let me make this clear. I do not want to know the killer's name. He is a nameless scumbag as far as I'm concerned. If you want to refer to him, call him "Slimeface" because he doesn't deserve a true name.

I cannot imagine the confusion, the fear, the shock that those poor children went through. I can only imagine what the survivors will be going through, and as much as I want to shut it out of my head I have forced myself to consider it. The feeling hurts, but not nearly as much as the pain they will go through.

I do think it's time for an honest and open discussion about gun control and why it's so much easier to get a gun than to get help for depression or other mental issues.

0 comments: