Monday, January 26, 2015

Morning Thoughts

I haven't been writing consistently. I have no excuse to offer. I just haven't done it.

Maybe because my life is boring... I mean, the first thing that comes to my mind to write about is "deflategate" or "ballghazi" or (my personal favorite) "the squishy ball scandal". My first response on hearing it was to shake my head and say it wasn't possible. The refs handle the football almost every down, which means the difference had to be subtle enough they didn't notice it. That made me think there wasn't much to the scandal. But then someone did an analysis of fumbles by the Patriots, and suddenly I doubt my own doubts. If the Patriots have been cheating, they've been getting away with it for years.

I've been training Inkwell to sit when I am preparing his food for him. He does it maybe one out of every five times now. This morning he sat patiently while I got his food ready. That was pretty neat.

Starting my third week of calorie counting. My Monday morning weigh-in says I've lost one pound since last week. My first week I lost three pounds, which was probably mostly water. I started up exercising again this week... let's see how long I can keep it up.

After the last Seahawks win, I've had a particular song going through my head a lot... "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

This Huffington Post article about addiction makes perfect sense to me. I'm addicted to a lot of things that are not "addictive" in the chemical sense. Which is why I dare not try alcohol, even if I wanted to. In short, addiction is caused by dissatisfaction, not by just by chemicals.

I'm doing Relay for Life again. If you want to donate, visit my profile page and contribute.

Lastly, here's Inkwell learning about catgrass:

0 comments: