Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hugo Voting

George R. R. Martin has a post on his Not A Blog about Hugo voting. In short, there's only a week left, and if you plan on voting online, try not to wait until the last day and overload the Sasquan servers.

Here's the ballot. You have to be a registered member of Sasquan with a pin. You can still register at this site, but it takes a few days to get the pin, so if you register now you are really cutting it close.

If you're a member, you can also vote for the 2017 site selection. I voted for Montreal due to personal connections with people running the bid, but I have no problem with any of the locations getting Worldcon. They all look like fairly solid bids to me.

I've voted, and I'm not sure my votes will change any more in the next few days. I've read some more and pondered some voting options and changed a couple of things on my ballot since I posted it, but I think I'm done now. No, I'm not going to list the changes I made. I'd probably have to compare the two to figure out what I changed anyway, and I'm too lazy to do that now.

So... if you are a Sasquan member and haven't voted, go do so now. If you have voted, honestly and after reading the nominations, my thanks to you. If you are slate voter, I hope you are forced to read "Wisdom From My Internet" over and over until your eyes bleed and your brain turns into pulp.

0 comments: