- Jun 15th
- Justice League #51 - I love the bit early in the book where there's a rain of fish and Aquaman says "Don't look at me!" while Batman points out it's Fortean. Lovely. Hits two of my fandoms at once. Other than that, this issue was about Robin fitting into the League and learning he can contribute to even a group like that. Fun little story.
- Green Lanterns #1 - More bickering, more pettiness, and Simon learning he has some extra abilities. Not horrible, but not my favorite.
- Titans Rebirth #1 - Wally reintroduces himself to the Titans. I like the concept, that not only was Wally taken away, but whole portions of their lives. Aqualad/Garth spent time on the surface world that he simply completely forgot. Perhaps his entire time with Aquaman, gone. That's something worth trying to work out.
- Astro City #36 - Wow. Powerful ending to the tale of great drama. The legacies of multiple lines of heroes and villains meet and find out the truth. But I wasn't expecting her to act like that when she learned what really happened. A bit depressing, but wow. Powerful story, all together.
- Scooby Apocalypse #2 - This is definitely not the Scooby I watched as a kid. Lovely stuff, goofy and fun. A total reimagining with the whole zombie apocalypse theme going. I don't know whether to give it the raspberry or cheer it on, so I'll cheer it on. It's horrible and great at the same time.
- Spongebob Comics Annual Giant Swimtacular #4 - Baby Mermaid Man and Hippie Mermaid Man alone are enough to make this one a fun read. Especially since Hippie Mermaid Man was drawn by Neal Adams.
- Doctor Who 10th #2.11 - A companion falls in love in the wrong time, and music fills the air. No, really, music fills the air. It's a baddie we've already seen in this series, and it's back and causing lots of trouble for everyone. Fun issue.
- Back To The Future: Citizen Brown #2 - Messing around in the timelines means times are a-changing... and Marty once again screws up the future. This is a pretty good mini-series, based on a video game - so the twists and turns are probably choices in the game. But keeping yourself in existence seems like a challenge when the past gets this bumpy.
Sunday, October 09, 2016
DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date: