Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Sunday Doctor Who Review

SPOILER ALERT --- SPOILER ALERT --- SPOILER ALERT --- SPOILER ALERT

I will be discussing my thoughts and feelings of the Doctor Who episode "The Lie of the Land" after the cut. I will not worry about spoiling the plot, so read at your own risk.

SPOILER ALERT --- SPOILER ALERT --- SPOILER ALERT --- SPOILER ALERT


Doctor Who: "The Lie of the Land" - Bill has to deal with the ramifications of her choice.

I can't say I disliked this episode as much as the previous one, but I still found it lacking compared to most other Doctor Who. I needed something spectacular to wash the taste of the previous episode out of my mind, and this wasn't it.

Even with the mind control explanation, I didn't buy the idea that the monks could have actually taken over the way they did. Obviously people were breaking free - it just didn't sell it to me. The bad photoshop of monks into history just irritated me.

Missy was nicely done in this one, with a good interaction. The point she made that she was actually trying to help was good.

I'm still not sure how Bill's mom saved the world. It seemed odd to me. I mean, it was nice enough as a concept, but didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The reset button was pushed at the end, with the monks using their tech to remove their invasion. Another cop out of many cop outs.

I didn't mind the first part of this three-parter. The second part was pretty bad, and this part wasn't much better, leaving me with nothing I really want to say about it.

TL;DR summary - Didn't like it.

0 comments: