Thursday, February 20, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 19 Feb 2003 - Part II


Truth #4: Ug. This one almost drew me in, but then there was a scene of a character reading a Captain America comic. There was an attempt at an explanation, but it made utterly no sense. I really wanted this to be a good mini-series. 2 starfish

JSA: The Unholy Three #1: I should have re-read the original Elseworld mini before jumping into this, but I didn't and I actually somewhat enjoyed this issue anyway. This is a pretty gruesome one, with a couple of twists to make it more interesting. 3 starfish

Power Company #13: This is one of the best books out there right now, and Busiek keeps cranking it up. I wonder if he slow recovery from mercury poisoning is reflected in the long time it's taken for this book to really pick up? I was initially confused, recalling the cliff-hanger from last issue, but it quickly made lots of sense. And this is the first time in a long time I've actually felt like the villian was a threat to more than just the team fighting him. I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out. 4 starfish

Crossovers #2: The genre's are starting to mix. Very slowly, but definitely. On some levels I'm surprised by what isn't happening. For the most part, though, this is a fun book. I wonder what's up with the dog? 3 1/2 starfish

Next week's books: Usagi Yojimbo, Gotham Adventures, Supergirl, Green Arrow, JLA, JLA/Spectre: Soul War, Titans, Amazing Spider-Man, Ruse, and Previews.

0 comments: