Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 19 Feb 2003 - Part I


Birds of Prey #52: As much as I like Oracle and Black Canary, this book just isn't doing it for me anymore. I'm going to have to check to see if there's a creative team change coming, but if there isn't, this one is gone. 2 starfish

Hawkman #12: It wasn't a bad issue, but it reminded me why we dropped it. For all that happens, nothing seems to happen. 2 1/2 starfish

Smallville: Fever: There were a few moments in this one when I flinched and thought, no way out of this!. But in the end, most everything made sense. A few minor quibbles, but ones I can forgive from a comic book soap opera. Definitely lots of the soap opera elements in this one. 3 1/2 starfish

By the way. You must, must visit the Smallville Ledger and look at the Classifieds. Last week they was a lost and found ad for a guy named Scott looking for a pair of ruby-quartz glasses needed for a "medical condition". I won't tell you what's fun this week, but there are lots of in-jokes every week. It's clear that the staff in charge of updating the site are having a good time with it.

Still to review: Power Company #13, Truth #4, Crossovers #2, and JSA: The Unholy Three #1.

0 comments: