Sunday, February 16, 2003

War


US Senator Robert Byrd on the actual State of the Union. Link via Mark Evanier.

And, can I just say, that plastic wrap and duct tape are more than useless against any biological or chemical attacks? As was pointed out by my boss' husband, "You breathe stale air for three days, then go out and die from it anyway!" It's as bad as "duck and cover" to protect you from a nuclear bomb.

And yet, here we are, racing to a war that no one in their right mind wants, led by leaders who seem to have forgotten the Constitution of the United States. I'm not amused. I'm not pleased. I think a terrible evil is being perpetuated in the name of freedom by people who should know better. And I feel utterly helpless to stop it, even though I am part of this so-called "we the people" who should have a say in it.

It's all stupidity. A tale told by idiots, signifying nothing. We are, and always will be, our own worst enemy. God bless America, and protect us from our leaders.

0 comments: