Sunday, May 04, 2003

Holes


Got to see a movie yesterday, courtesy of my kid sister. No, it wasn't X-Men 2, I'll wait awhile before seeing that. It was Holes.

I want to state, for the record, that I had never read the book (by Louis Sachar) and didn't know a thing about the story when I went in to see this movie. I seriously had no idea going in what it would be about, just my sister's word (and word-of-mouth from other sources) that it was good. And I have to say, this is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I won't give anything away, I think the best way to see this is to see it cold, but trust me, it's worth it. Indeed, I plan on getting the DVD as soon as it's available.

As for the book, I'm going to order it via Amazon.com as soon as I've got some credit again (it's already made my Wish List). If you want to help me build up the credit, you could just buy a copy for yourself right now... just follow the link.

This one gets a solid 4 1/2 starfish: 4 1/2 starfish

0 comments: