Sunday, May 11, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 7 May 2003 - Part II


Batman: Nevermore #2: Have I mentioned that I think Batman and Poe are the perfect match? This is definitely a natural story, but so far the execution has surprised me a little. Overall, this is working up to be an interesting and different sort of Batman Elseworld. I like it. 4 starfish

Justice League Adventures #19: Someone referred to this as an "after-school special", and I'm afraid I mostly agree. While the message is important, it seems to be a little forced. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it was a bit disappointing. 2 1/2 starfish

Way of the Rat #13: Boon isn't terribly intelligent, no, but he has a certain street-smart that apparently has kept him alive and successful as a thief in the past. So when he says he doesn't trust magic, you just know that something bad is going to come from magic for him. I particularly like the sing-song speech balloons when Boon is intently not listening. 4 starfish

That's it for this week... or is it? Is there one more book hiding in my stack? What could it be? Will I even read it, much less review it? Tune in next time to find out... *ahem* As for comic books for this coming Wednesday, we've got Powers, Superman & Batman Generations III, Aquaman, Green Lantern, JSA, Power Company, Titans and Young Justice Graduation Day, and the new Crossgen mini Silken Ghost listed as coming. We'll find out what really does come in in a few days.

0 comments: