Saturday, July 05, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 2 July 2003 - Part I

These are two books I grabbed for a friend that I normally wouldn't have looked twice at. I read through them out of curiousity.

Captain America vol 4 #12: Huh? I picked this up for my friend because it says, on the cover, "Part 1 of 5", which implies that it's the start of a storyarc, and thus a little more new-reader friendly than normal. Well, it wasn't. The art is stylistic and scratchy, and while I could mostly follow the story, I wasn't drawn in at all. None of the characters interested me, and very little of the story made sense. Not a good read. 2 starfish

Thor #60/562: I was vaguely interested in Jake Olson's story, but it kept getting interrupted by cosmic Thorishness. In the end I realized I hadn't enjoyed the book much at all. What should have been a dramatic moment was destroyed by the sudden appearance of an obvious plot device, and the cosmic Thor bits were just boring. 2 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Age of Bronze, Usagi Yojimbo, Amazing Spider-Man, Radioactive Man, Detective, Batman: Nevermore, Superman: Birthright, Formerly Known As The Justice League, JSA: All Stars, and Justice League Adventures.

0 comments: