Friday, September 26, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 24 September 2003 - Part I

JLA-Z #1: Not a lot of substance, really, but it was a delight to open up to practically the first page and see a great picture of Aquaman done by new Aquaman artist Patrick Gleason. The words are encouraging, also, implying that Aquaman will be continuing his exile for awhile (which fits in with what Pfeifer has said about his run so far). Oh, yeah, and there was other good art for other characters. The Blue Beetle and Booster Gold spread was amusing. 3 1/2 starfish

Green Lantern #169: No, I'm not a fan of cosmic stories. But hey, it's Kilowog. That alone redeems a lot of cosmic crap, to be honest. And at least we've got most of the stories that were referred to in this one, so I was able to follow the action. Not bad, not bad... 3 1/2 starfish

JLA #87: Hey, this is better! The whole plot is finally coming together with the huge Oan explanation. And one of the most powerful superheroes on the planet suddenly having no conscience is a bad thing. But how can Plastic Man help, huh? 3 1/2 starfish

Still to review: Empire, Amazing Spider-Man, Silken Ghost, and the Marvel Previews.

In other news: Yeah, I've heard that Doctor Who is coming back to TV, but I'll believe it when I see it on my TV screen, and not a moment sooner.

0 comments: