Thursday, October 09, 2003

Rapid Reviews - 8 October 2003 - Part I

Futurama Comics #15: I'm not particularly fond of the show, or the comics, but it's a comic book coming into my house, so I tend to read it. This one is ok. Fry becomes a movie star, but naturally fails to read the small print. It's ok, I'm neutral on it. 3 starfish

Superman/Batman Generations III #10: Something big happened. Something incredibly important. Epic, even. And most of it happened "off camera". Boring. 3 starfish

Smallville: Phoenix [3-02]: This is the ending of the two-part season opener, and although it was good, there were aspects that annoyed me. Hopefully the further ramifications of Clark's time in Metropolis will continue to come up. And Lana has to learn that Clark has powers, it's just right and it's nearly time. The Smallville Ledger has some fun stuff, too. 3 1/2 starfish

X-Men: Evolution: Cajun Spice: I've been watching this show from the beginning, seeing almost every episode, and it's really grown on me. I'm not a big Marvel comics fan, and that might actually help a bit, as I don't notice the continuity changes so much. But this episode definitely deserved comment. Gambit and Rogue, on the road. Yeah, it was really good. 4 starfish

Still to review: Fallen Angel, H-E-R-O, JLA, JSA: All-Stars, World's Best Sampler, Crossovers, and El Cazador. And may some other stuff, we'll see.

0 comments: