Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Artistic License

Johnny B once again has an irresistable link. This one is to the Acme License Maker, where you can build a license plate for your state... Yeah, I made a few.

First off: the style of plate that I grew up with:

I loved the classic green-on-white plates, but nonetheless I was delighted when we moved to a plate with an image of Mt Rainier (pronounced "ray-near") on it. The first one, "TEGAN" is the earlier design of the plate. Eventually it was determined that the state name was hard to read, so it was changed when the "centennial celebation" bit was dropped. The current plates are easy to read from a distance, even if the state name looks a little boring now.

The site also lets you make historic plates, though the choices are limited to what they have. I would have liked to make my husband a vanity plate from the era of the plates I grew up with (and he would know exactly why), but that wasn't an option. So instead I went for a historical plate from 1939 - a significant year for the state.


0 comments: