Sunday, February 01, 2004

Random Thoughts

I'll be watching the Super Ad Bowl a little later, and I'll post my report of the ads afterwards for those who don't pay attention. I'm glad they put that "football game" thing in between the ads to allow for bathroom breaks and such.

Scott McCloud points us to this ad/coupon based on We Like The Moon! Is it a sellout, or just advertising saavy? You decide.

Johnny B is taking a blogging break. Drop him a kind note if you feel up to it.

If you have a "Yes or No" question that desperately needs an answer, go visit The Mysterious Orb to find the truth. Make sure you have your sound turned up so you can hear the demons shriek. Heh.

Neil Gaiman echoes my disbelief. In less serious news, he links to these animated snakes based on an Escher woodcut. As an Escher fan, I loved it. Wished there was more to it.

Mark Evanier is closing down the Julius Schwartz get well e-mail on Tuesday morning. Get your best wishes in before then.

Cool Pickled Dragon. Probably part of a 19th century hoax.

Tony wants to know if anyone is reading Mah Two Cents. If you've been checking him out, speak up.

Comic Book Resources has a big article on Mike Mignola and Hellboy. My good friend Carol, who just had appendicitis, is a big Hellboy fan. I need to tell her about this one. Heck, I need to get her e-mail addy.

Coming soon: Later today I'll try to cover the Superbowl ads. Tomorrow I intend to post my monthly Flipping Through Previews post. You've been warned.

0 comments: