Thursday, May 19, 2005

Random Thoughts

Polite Scott finishes his dissection of Aquaman #30. Ouch. Not that I disagree with any of it. In fact, I'm happy that someone with medical knowledge came in and confirmed my initial disgust at the attempt to create a plot in this one.

I agree with Mike on the really cool custom superhero figures.

Says Neil Gaiman: "I'm a planet in Star Wars, a character in Star Trek and a race of aliens in Babylon 5. It's the first time I've ever truly felt like the answer to a trivia question."

Fanboy Rampage talks about Jeff Parker who talks about Vampire By Night. I can't afford any more books!

Warren Ellis' Website keeps killing my router. I don't know whether to take that as a sign or not.

Dark, But Shining links to some safe sex ads that are creepier than ANY I've ever seen before.

I don't really have a stance on the Rann/Thanagar war, but since Absorbascon is asking, I suppose I'd lean ever so slightly toward Rann. Retro-50's spacesuits just turn me on, I guess.

Girl in Little League pitches perfect game. Anything to distract me from the Mariners performance this year.

The mystery piano man may have been identified. It's possible he's not talking because he doesn't know any English.

Yum, Dalek Cake.

If you want cheap gas, move to Minnesota. AAA's Daily Fuel Gauge Report. Check out the State By State Average. When I checked, the only two states higher than Washington were California and Hawaii. Ouch.

The Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Website. There is a page for each person listed on the wall. Yes, I looked up my uncle's name.

Making Diamonds. I have never been inclined to wear diamonds as jewelry, but the idea of having industrial diamonds for all kinds of uses, like in laptops or cookware, would be pretty cool.

A man claims he was fired for drinking the wrong beer. Just goes to show that beer is bad for you. [MeFi]

After yesterday's power outage, I was hunting for "Lost" on bittorrent (for a friend, I don't watch the show) when I spotted Star Wars Episode III... already up. Sheesh. It wasn't even midnight on the West Coast yet. Boing Boing has more.

It's easy to get into the NBA draft. heh.

Kitty Cat Dance.

Newspaper front pages from the day Mt St Helens erupted. [MeFi]

Mark Evanier's touches on a political topic that I've already expressed my view on a couple of times.

Bob Harris on how democracies end.

Bomb-hunting on the cheap. It seems that if you have a friend in the military in Iraq, maybe it would be a good idea to send them some remote controlled toy cars.

0 comments: