Saturday, June 04, 2005

Race For The Cure

Well, I had no problems with the Race for the Cure at all. In fact, I completed it somewhere in the middle of the pack of 13,000 people. It was a lot of fun, walking down the Alaskan Way Viaduct and back. There was a bit of confusion at the beginning of the walk in finding my t-shirt and race bib, but once that was sorted out we didn't have any more problems... well... except part of my team didn't realize the race started at 9 and were up in the stands at the stadium when the race started. Ooops. Impressively, they managed to catch up to us with a half mile to go.

I didn't do so well on the 3-Day training walk after the Race. I managed the first hill with a little difficulty, but the remains of my cold hit my lungs shortly after that and I had to rest for a bit in the support truck. After a rest, I did another mile, but that was it for the day. I couldn't catch my breath to keep walking, especially on the exceptionally hilly route the training leader had chosen. Counting the five kilometers, I did about 8 and a half miles today. I tell myself it's not so bad, but the rest of the women on the training walk did 15 miles. I have some catching up to do.

0 comments: