Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm Leaving Blogging The Fantastic Four!

So thanks to a friend (Thanks Jim!), I got to see a preview of Fantastic Four last night, in the midst of tons of other chaos. The movie was great. I would call it a perfect popcorn movie. If you are expecting it to be high art, go somewhere else. But if you want a decent adaptation of a comic book, this is it.

I wouldn't say it's as good as Spidey or X-Men, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The effects were breathtaking, and Michael Chiklis was born to play Ben Grimm. Stan Lee's cameo was unexpectedly funny. Kerry Washington's part was particularly appreciated by me (as I just say her in Ray recently), and she pulled it off wonderfully.

All told, a nice solid movie, worth a matinee for sure... and I might even pay full price if I wanted to see it again. I'll probably get the DVD as well.

0 comments: