Friday, July 08, 2005

Random Thoughts

Girl Genius continues to make fans happy by giving them three doses of Agatha's antics a week instead of having to wait months for a new issue. And since I was getting the collections as well, the move to webcomics actually has saved me the money I would have spent on single issues. I find myself wishing that more comics would go to this format. It really works for Girl Genius.

A second episode of Statler & Waldorf's From The Balcony has been posted.

Franklin Harris reports that K-9 may return for an episode of new Doctor Who. I hope that, if he does, he gets an upgrade.

Garrett tells us about Google Map Transparencies which superimpose a map over the satellite image.

Fascinating discussion on "theft of wi-fi" over on Metafilter. I haven't encrypted our latest router yet because whenever I do, one of the computers can't connect, and the range is fairly limited as well. You pretty much have to be on our property to use it. I'm undecided on this issue.

D&D LARPers (Live Action Role-Players) get in a fight with "hipster" zombies, links at Boing Boing.

The Daily Burn lists some Superhero Prose for folks to hunt down. I've read a couple, but most of them are new to me.

Crisis/Boring Change is another comic book blog with some interesting commentary. Check it out.

Suspension of Disbelief answers a burning question. Um. 'k.

Dorothy's Journal points out a page listing The Dark Side of Oz, which I bet hubby-Eric already knows about, but I didn't. Of the Oz items listed, only four of them are unfamiliar to me, and all the comic books are stuff I made sure hubby-Eric got for his collection.

The Spriggan Experiment appears to be a success, as Lawrence Watt-Evans has stated in his last e-mail that almost all the novel is now paid for, and the finished book will run between 30 and 35 chapters. The first 12 chapters are already up on-line.

Potterpuffs save the Day! Not entirely safe for children.

For more information about the London Terrorist Attack, possibly the best coverage on the web is at wikipedia.

Billmon somehow manages to sum up all my feelings about the act of treason involving the outing of CIA agent Plame.

Mark Evanier points to the dollar cost of the Iraq war.

0 comments: