Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Random Thoughts

Wow. Perhaps I've started something here... my older sister, Christine, is doing a walk this Fall. If anyone wants to support her, please pop over there and donate. I've already contributed my $25. Her goal is a much more modest $200.

The Great Curve claims that this is Year of the Aquaman. Which reminds me that I need to catch up on Entourage one of these days.

Part of the argument that this is the year for Aquaman is his upcoming appearance on Smallville, as reported on KryptonSite. If you aren't afraid of spoilers, there's more on the appearance here and here. The second link includes this intriguing bit: Any chance of an Aquaman spin-off series? "I doubt it," Gough says. "We may bring him back like the Flash for other episodes, but now I hear because of the sort of success of Entourage, the studio is going to start developing a feature of Aquaman."

Speaking of Smallville, stunt actor Christopher Sayour was injured during the set-up for a major stunt. I hope he recovers soon and completely.

Unanswered Snopes Questions. I think I can answer this one: "Does the color pink really make a person feel weaker?" with a big fat NO! as many of the Walkers who finished the 60 miles were wearing pink the entire time.

Elayne tells us about two bloggy events coming up. If someone reminds me, I'll try to do BlogDay.

Phil Foglio updates with his second San Diego convention report. Again, just check out the links for Phil's brand of humor.

If you want to watch the Space Shuttle mission live, follow the link on the front page of Space.com. Admittedly, you end up hearing more than seeing some of the interesting bits, but they rerun anything exciting during downtimes. This is the same feed I watched during the last shuttle mission... and before the tragedy happened I swore to myself that I would watch more of it if I had the opportunity. So far today I've seen a replay of the waking of the astronauts for today's work, a replay of the hull scan, and the waking of the astronauts for the upcoming day as well as lots of shots of mission control and some shots from the shuttle and the space station back down to earth.

Unfortunately, this appears to be the last chance to really enjoy a shuttle mission for some time, as NASA is grounding the shuttle again after concluding that falling foam insulation is still a major risk.

Marta, the Harry Potter fan artist I like quite a bit, has started drawing scenes from Half-Blood Prince. Warning, heavy spoilers!

Scobleizer directs us to Kryptonite Locks' side of the story. I seem to recall reporting on the problem with the locks at the time, so it's only fair to read their story.

The Last Fifty Images Uploaded To Livejournal. WARNING: I've seen everything from major Harry Potter spoilers to good artwork to naked people, so it's not safe for work, not safe for kids, and not safe for anyone who hasn't finished the latest HP and doesn't want spoilers. Via FilkerTom.

0 comments: