Sunday, September 09, 2007

Linkdump

Yay, it's the return of Johnny B's Fearless NFL Predictions! And I'm watching the Seahawks game tomorrow because it's turned into an impromptu party at my place. Johnny B is calling Seattle over Tampa Bay, and is in fact calling Seattle to have a good season. We'll see.

Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed #119.

Comic Book Idol 3 is about to start. Submissions are being accepted.

Another reason to not trust rebates.

I loved Popeye as a kid, and I love this explanation for Bluto vs Brutus. Thanks, Mark Evanier!

Depression leads to worst health... "Depression is a more disabling condition than angina, arthritis, asthma and diabetes..." Yeah, I could've told you that.

It is a virus killing the bees?

Heroes Still Exist.

A teacher on Slashdot asks how to bring science and math into writing class.

The DoJ thinks you should pay extra for your internet if you want content that the cable providers don't want to supply.

The New York Times reports on another possible biofuel source that has a better yield than corn and can be grown on marginal land, and helps keep livestock away from other crops. There are still potential drawbacks, but this one looks very promising.

If you commit murder, don't use it as the plot for your bestselling book, especially if you've left other clues around.

Pugs in cars for the in-laws.

Holy Pasta Week
Sep 15-19 is "Holy Pasta Week"
Plan your menus now.

Hubby-Eric and I have finished planning our menu out for the week, and are simply adding finishing touches to it now. I'm also planning the usual science blogging for that week. I hope I can find enough good links...

0 comments: