Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Links

Jack mourns the end of tidbits. Personally? I hate those ads. The argument they put forward is that humans are not capable of distinguishing useful information from trivia. I won't use a search engine that assumes I'm an idiot.

RUN RUN FROM THE VAMPIRE AUTOS!!! Boing Boing finds a fun blog of badly written news stories.

I'm still amazed at this story about a town that asked applicants for their social network passwords.

Wow, our health care system really sucks. Good for smart kids who can self-diagnose!

Roald Dahl on Vaccinating Your Kids. I was not aware that Dahl lost a child to measles. Along the same lines, a Welsh health minister suggests that non-vaccinated children not be allowed in school. I'm for that. Especially in the UK, where a quarter of children have not been vaccinated, and measles outbreaks are becoming common. The Guardian suggests alternate schools for unvaccinated children. I'm for that, if the first option doesn't fly.

10 Big Differences Between Men's and Women's Brains.

Pug for the in-laws.

0 comments: