Monday, March 31, 2014

Still more Emerald City Comicon

Some pictures that Eric and I took at the convention...

The crowds were pretty nasty all over the convention. It was very similar to what I remember San Diego being like when I went in 2000 and 2001. It was just very difficult to get around. People were constantly stopping in the middle of the aisles and the poor minions were trying to keep people moving to prevent violating fire safety standards. They had good line management overall, but the floor was really hard to move through if you wanted to get from one table to another...

This is my friend, who had a secret pocket in her costume that held her lightsaber. When she said, "Wait, wait, I've got to get my lightsaber out!" she pulled out just the handle from her bag and my eyebrows climbed up until she pulled a really boring looking rod out and attached it to the handle. Of course, once I started taking pictures... the boring looking rod started to look like a real lightsaber. VERY COOL.

0 comments: