Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Sunday Review

DCBS
Here are reviews of the DCBS comic books that I've gotten around to reading and reviewing, sorted by the original shipping date:
  • Apr 9th
  • World's Finest #22 - Y'know, considering how nutso Kal was when they looked in on him, why on multiple earths would they really want to get back to their own world now? Ah, heroes...
  • Green Lantern Corps #30 - Ok. So now we know why the Durlans hate the Corps so much. Um, yay?
  • Justice League 3000 #5 - They put the fun in disfunctional. Not a team I'd want any part of. At least Superman is showing some signs of growing up.
  • Astro City #11 - I love these done-in-one stories. Particularly ones that are this well done. This book has always excelled at giving us the view of the common person involved in uncommon events. I quite like this common person.
  • Twilight Zone #4 - That was about what I expected to happen, but in a way I didn't entirely expect, so it's all good. The link to the next story is interesting enough. I wonder what'll happen to Trevor2 now? And what about that heavy-duty clue about the son?
  • The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West #17 - I've been following the book from the beginning, and I'm pretty sure I have no idea what just happened in this issue.
  • Spongebob Comics #31 - YAY! Mermaid Man story! And, actually a pretty fun one, even. Mermaid Man falls in love.
  • Free Comic Book Day
  • FCBD: Hip Hop Family Tree - I found the opening fascinating, but then it jumped around a lot and there were a lot of confusing names and stories without any sort of resolution. I'm not sure if that was intentional or just an aspect of the sampling. interesting, but not my cuppa.
  • FCBD: Mouse Guard/Labyrinth/Rust - As good as these properties have always been... and a good sampler for anyone who wants to try them out.
  • FCBD: Epic #0 - Has potential. The jump from a full-fledged bad-guy attack to his origin was a little jolting. Still. Fun stuff overall.
  • FCBD: Buck Rogers - There are worse things than classic Sunday comics collected as a single storyline. It certainly made me want to read more, despite how silly it was.



0 comments: