Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ah... Tesla...

Warning: Naughty language, visuals and metaphors at the links. This is a courtesy warning to my sensitive readers.

So, Matthew Inman of The Oatmeal really REALLY likes Nikola Tesla. In fact, he likes Tesla so much that he helped run a wildly successful Indiegogo campaign to buy the original grounds where Tesla had his lab in the hopes of eventually building a museum there.

Now, a couple of years later, Inman bought a Tesla-S and reviewed it in a cartoon. I really want one now that I've read the review, but it's way too expensive for me. A set of solar panels on my house and a Tesla car and I'd be pretty happy for pretty much all local driving. But I digress. I want an electric car, but I can barely afford to live in my house, so let's move on...

Review of Tesla-S

As a second part of his review, Inman posted a slightly-tongue-in-cheek plea to Elon Musk of Tesla Motors laying out the reasons for Musk to help actually build the freaking museum on the land that more than 33,000 Tesla fans on the internet helped to buy. The plea includes a very sweet letter from Nikola Tesla's last living relative.

Building the Museum

Early this morning Elon Musk tweeted that he would be happy to help. Now, he doesn't say he'll give the museum a check for the money they need, but with Musk on board, I hope the museum will finally become a reality.

0 comments: