Monday, June 09, 2014

City Council, Graduation, Swim Season and Planning Commission

There's a lot happening in my life right now, so writing posts still isn't my highest priority. I have managed to start reading more of the 'net than I was, so I'm gathering more links to share, but it's still hit and miss depending on what I'm doing any particular night.

Tonight it's city council, which could be 45 minutes to 4 hours, depending on who shows up and how fast the council works through the agenda. This past weekend was graduation, and I got to cover a local one all by myself again this year. It was strange, if only because I grew up in Seattle and outdoor graduations still seem unnatural to me. But it worked and I remembered to put on sunscreen, so I survived with only the usual exhaustion from being around too many people and NOT a nasty sunburn, which has happened too many times in the past.

Tomorrow I'm covering two events at the same time. The planning commission meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. as does the first swim meet of the season (I think it's the first). I will be covering the meeting and taking photos at the meet. I'm told not to worry about it because the swim meets go late, all the way until 10 p.m. or so. But it's still stressful to get two assignments that start at the same time. And taking photos at a swim meet is ALWAYS difficult. I want to be IN THE POOL not on the deck with a camera. Grrr.

And today didn't start out the best. One of the first things I got to do today was clean up cat vomit since Inkwell decided that breakfast didn't agree with him. I've been keeping a close eye on the fuzzball all day to see if he shows any other signs of illness, but he seems pretty happy. I've been careful about how much food I give him at a time. So far he seems to be doing ok, but it's still worrisome.

Anyway, I really need to get ready to go to the council meeting. I have my fingers crossed that it won't be too long a meeting, but it seems like every time the editor says, "Looks like it'll be a short meeting," it turns into a freakin' marathon... and he said this one looks short. *groan*

0 comments: