Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Total Slob Day

I did nothing today.

It felt great.

Now, as the night closes in and hubby goes to bed, I'm thinking about all the things I really ought to start doing to start my new life. If I think too much, I get nervous. But hey, the daytime today was lovely.

Because I didn't really do anything, I don't have much to write about, which makes me wonder why I'm trying to blog. Except that I wanted to try to blog regularly now that I'm unemployed. Although, once I start job-hunting full time, I'm sure this won't be as fun either. I hate job-hunting.

I just wish some nice billionaire would pay off our mortgage, because then we could probably get by on Eric's salary alone. Not that it's fair to Eric for me to not be working when he is. But maybe I'd be able to finally start cleaning up the house and doing writing and research and... eh. It must be late at night for me to be fantasizing like this.

Inkwell is thoroughly confused by me. He seemed resigned when I took a shower this morning, expecting me to leave at any moment. When I didn't, he kept coming up to me and staring. Then he'd walk away, find a spot to watch me from, and stare some more. Every time I moved he got up as if ready to bid me good-bye, then seemed confused if I just went into the kitchen to grab a refill on my water bottle or just did a spot of cleaning.

I also moved my workstation down from the bedroom to the living room, to a spot I think will work better for my comfort levels. I spent a good part of the day with my legs up, which I haven't been able to do for awhile, and it really felt good.

I did text an ex-co-worker today to make sure a couple of things I had left undone will be taken care of. I didn't have to do it, but it would have been petty of me to not at least let someone know. There were a few other things I didn't have time to do that will just be left for someone else to figure out, if they ever do. I think I was far enough gone that mostly it doesn't matter to me anymore. But I still want my friends at the paper to succeed, regardless of how I feel about the fellow in charge.

Inkwell is now snoring contently in the chair next to me, and Eric has stopped making noises upstairs. I think I'll drink more water, play some Doctor Who Legacy, then head to bed when I'm too exhausted to continue.

0 comments: